We had a whole lot of B grade tomatoes so Jason came up with this tasty tomato soup recipe. We enjoyed it as is the first day and then added somen noodles the second day to give it Asian flair. I imagine angel hair pasta would be lovely as well.
Ingredients (6 servings)
*6 medium tomatoes, diced
*4 medium cloves garlic, minced
*2 Tbsp olive oil
*2 tsp Italian seasoning
*2 tsp salt ( this is just an estimate and should be added moderately)
*1 and a half cups of milk
* somen noodles(prepare according to package) or angel hair pasta( prepare according to package)
* herb or your choice as topping; recommended are shiso, basil or lime basil any of these minced will give it a refreshing taste and added color!
1. Saute the garlic in olive oil for a few minutes.
2. Add tomatoes and some of the salt and saute for another 10 minutes.
3. Add milk and more of the salt and bring to a boil. Bring the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile prepare the noodle of your choice according to directions on the package and set aside.
5. Fill a bowl with soup first and then add the noodles. Sprinkle the herb on top. Enjoy!