* 1/2 lb. okra
*4~5 cloves of garlic
*1 dill stem with dill flowers about 8 in long
*2 dill stems with leaves 8 inches long ( if you don’t have fresh dill, substitute with 1 tsp of dill seed.)
* 2 cups water
* 1/3 cup rice vinegar
* 2 Tbsp sea salt
* 1 hot pepper, deseeded and sliced
1. Place okra, garlic, dill in a bowl.
2. Put all ingredients for pickling liquid in a pot and boil for 2 minutes. If you are using dill seeds in place of fresh dill, put it in at this time.
3. Immediately pour the liquid over the okra, garlic and dill. You may want to place a plate over the okra so it doesn’t float.
4. After it has cooled down, transfer contents to a jar and store in the fridge. You can start eating the next day but waiting a couple days has the best flavor! Be sure to eat it within a week.