1 pie crust
2 happy organic eggs
1 cup half and half
1 pinch nutmeg
1 block of feta about 1/8-1/4 cup
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
3 small leeks (If you are getting them from your CSA the greens are tender enough that you can eat them too. Chop them up and steam them first with a pinch of salt and 1 Tbs cooking sake before sauteing white part)
4-5 sliced button mushrooms
*optional* A handful of chopped greens from your CSA (I used turnip greens but it can be kale, chard, mustards…I love adding greens to everything but there is more moisture in the quiche which could make your quiche a bit soggy.)
1. As I mentioned above, steam the green part of your leeks if you have nice tender greens. If not saute the white part of the leek.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute a few more minutes.
3. Add the greens too if you like and saute until they wilt. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Put the mixture in a pie crust.
5. Beat the eggs, add cream and nutmeg and pour the mixture over the sautéed leeks and mushrooms.
6. Top with feta and mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees F preheated oven.