Ingredients (serves 4)
* a large head of cauliflower
* 2 medium sized potatoes, or sweet potatoes in same equivalent, cubed
* 1 medium sized tomato, chopped or 2 Tbspns of tomato sauce or paste
* 1 Tbspn grated ginger
*1/2 tspn cumin seed
*1 dried chili pepper
*1/2 tspn salt
*1/2 tspn turmeric
*1/2 tspn cumin powder
*1/2 tspn coriander powder
Canola oil for sauteing
1. Wash the cauliflower and cut into bite size pieces. The stems and leaves are very good so please cook them too!
2. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat. Add cumin seeds and toast them for 1 minute. Add the ginger and potato/ sweet potato and saute for 5 minutes over medium to high heat.
3. Add the cauliflower and salt and cover with lid. Steam on low heat for 5-10 minutes, depending on how soft you like your cauliflower .
4. Add spice mix and the tomato. Cover with lid and and simmer for 3 minutes.
Serve as a side dish with your favorite curry or have as your main with rice. Yum!